How Behavior Spreads: The Science of Complex Contagions (Princeton Analytical Sociology Series)
A new, counterintuitive theory for how social networks influence the spread of behavior
New social movements, technologies, and public-health initiatives often struggle to take off, yet many diseases disperse rapidly without issue. Can the lessons learned from the viral diffusion of diseases be used to improve the spread of beneficial behaviors and innovations? In How Behavior Spreads, Damon Centola presents over a decade of original research examining how changes in societal behavior--in voting, health, technology, and finance―occur and the ways social networks can be used to influence how they propagate. Centola's startling findings show that the same conditions accelerating the viral expansion of an epidemic unexpectedly inhibit the spread of behaviors.
While it is commonly believed that "weak ties"―long-distance connections linking acquaintances―lea...read more
- More products from seller: Amazon
- Your price: USD 25.70(as of 2018-10-31 10:01 UTC - More info)
- As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
- Note: Prices are subject to change at anytime
- Faculty Forum Online, Alumni Edition: Big Data's Biases
- PCSBI Meeting Nineteen: Nov. 5-6, 2014 in Salt Lake City, Utah, Sessio...
- The Lucifer Effect in Action: My Journey from Evil to Heroism
- Carlos Castillo-Chavez | Thinking Out Loud
- SFI Community Lecture - Damon Centola - How Behavior Spreads: The Scie...
- MCPE 0.16.0 UPDATE BUILD 5 "" HOW TO INSTALL BEHAVIOR PACKS"" ADDONS -...
- Star Wars Undercover Boss: Starkiller Base - SNL
- Imagine Dragons: Warriors | Worlds 2014 - League of Legends
- SURPRISING JOSH PECK WITH MIRANDA COSGROVE!!
- Marshmello ft. Bastille - Happier (Official Music Video)